Sunday, October 28, 2007

OH SO HALLOWOOD!




















My old friend the fashion photographer Giampaolo Sgura & his adorable stylist boyfriend Miguel Arnau decided to take Halloween into their own hands this year, both celebrating early and lauching their new photography studio to the beat of Thriller!
Up in the warehouse spralled Via Mecenate is where Hallowood; as they name it took place last night. An are now known for it's buzzing artist community of the new innovators in art, deseign and fashion and the guest list of the party was no exception!There was of course a strict dress code, strict enough to force a no entry on anyone that did't bother to dress a a Holywood icon, legend, or inspiration.
I had toyed with my character for weeks, but when push came to shove! It had to be her, the sex kitten of sex kitten's my own private seductress Birgitte Bardot! Now I set about seeing if I could play the role.



Well I tried, but some tried even harder and my friend Marco Braga, who by say is one of Milan's most talented Art Directors surpirsed us all! He had done an amazing job, and was completely unrecognizable as Grace Jones, although I have known him for 10yrs, it even took me a while to realise it was him! Fantastic!







The hosts of the evening looked amazing as ever, even more tonight, Giampaolo had done a brilliant Princess Diana, and Miguel was stunning as Karl Lagerfeld, move over Kaiser!



I'd spent the day costume shopping with Amelia & Teresa, at one point I got so involved in my fantasy characters, that I just forgot about everything else in my life, it just goes to show how powerful the art of concentration can really be. Teresa was pretty set on her character as Cleopatra, she just has the natural Cleopatra hair, so needed to get the costume and she looked incredible, Amelia on the other hand would go as Mia Willis from Pulp Fiction, ie, Uma Thurman, and I she looked so credible in her role!











It was great also to Neil Barrett again, it had been a while and he was on top form with his partner Carlo, they came as the good and bad angels, but I think they like to mingle with that role!



My fashion designer friend Dorota Lewandoski, who has now worked at Armani for many years, came as one of her icons Anna Piaggi and I have no idea if she knew that she was about to come face to face with the real Anna Piaggi, who to Amelia's delight turned up, looking so spectacular, she is just genius in every way, apart from being one of the most creative and eccentric women I have seen, she is also humble and sweet and very elegant lady.











But truth is that Hallowood was the most fabtastic party this season in Milan, there were so many more characters making the party more colourful than a bag of candy. Marcelo Burlon was genius as Keith Harring, and top hairstylist Franco as the tv geek reporter, art director Max was Anna Wintour and the list just goes on so here I have posted many more photos for you all to see! Enjoy!


























Amelia's pays homage to...

Two words: Anna Piaggi. These two words when said together epitomise all that is deliciously unconventional. She once declared, “when I dress with the perfect law of contrast I’m in a trance.” Her effortless love for all that is eccentric and colourful is her drug of choice. Meeting this queen of contrast, this conspicuous vivid misfit, after she waltzed up the red carpet at the Hallowood party last night, made my night. Her get-up as usual was a laundry bag of odd colours, awash with an American flag cape topped with pink blusher and a comical headband made her look like the epitome of cool but also winning her the best costume award of the night. She is my idol, and I got to meet her, albeit whilst shouting I love you, I think you’re amazing whilst my black wannabe Mia from Pulp Fiction wig began slipping off my head. As I took her hand, she smiled- her bright red lips parted as she muttered the words ‘thank you so much’. I smiled on the inside.
Anna Piaggi is definitely a priceless piece of pure posterity and at seventy-six; she puts any youthful fashionable fashionista to shame. One could only hope to be a mere old rag in her treasure trove of her exceptionally unusual mirage of garments. I personally would like to be her electric blue chiffon wrapped around her neck, layering her already loaded menagerie of apparel- but that’s just me.

Good Day,

Amelia X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i truthfully love your writing style, very remarkable.
don't give up and also keep writing due to the fact it just simply truly worth to read it,
excited to browse more and more of your content pieces, have a great day ;)